It had been raining when we went to El Nido, and it didn't matter that it was raining while we're snorkeling and hopping on every islands because we're already wet.  That's what's on our minds.. but what our tour guides had been worrying about was the possibility that we might not be able to continue with our journey, because you know, high tide.

And so as we reached the Secret Lagoon, some part of the entrance had been covered by water and the current got a bit difficult for us to enter.  But they said we still could get in, as long as we hang on tight.  And so we did.  It was scary.  I almost refused to join, but I don't want to be left behind so I jumped into the water and grabbed the donut.  That donut saved a lot of lives.

El Nido Palawan

Some part of the tiny entrance is sharp, plus the wave pushing you.. so, you've got to be extra careful, and make your legs stronger.  We successfully got in.. and I'm glad we had Loloy as our tour guide to guide us in.

Secret Lagoon in El Nido Palawan
photo credit to Vanessa
There is a small beach inside. and the water is as clear as the other islands'; there were corals and tiny fishes, so we continued snorkeling.

the Secret Beach at El Nido
photo credit to Tommy Schultz
Secret Lagoon at El Nido
photo credit to Vanessa
Loloy told us that there's a hidden cave, but we've got to swim or rather hang on tight for about 10 minutes as he pulls us and enjoy the scene.  Actually, the water as you get deeper into the lagoon going to the cave is kind of.. blurred.  He said it was 30 feet or more deep.  We were the only group who went on, because it was a bit dangerous.  But since we've got the strongest swimmer, and also we're curious about what he's talking about, we went on.  It's kinda blurry when you look down the water, there's nothing you could see.. and fuck, as I remember it, I was a bit scared, I wasn't just showing it.

I bet everybody else was scared.  We were actually joking about snakes or crocodiles, or what.. eels? to grab our feet.  Then we reached the cave.. there's nothing special about it!  But they did say that the view below is worth checking out.  Some snorkeled as the rest of us cheered, and I think this creature was taken on that cave.

Secret Lagoon El Nido
photo credit to Vanessa
We went out immediately because it started to rain again, we might get stuck inside if we stayed a little longer.  Loloy and Vicente took turns of pulling us because he got really tired of us.  Some people had gone away as we reached the Secret Beach, and some are still on line to get through the tiny hole, leaving the enchanting paradise behind.  We waited for our turn and also we had to let Loloy regain his energy before he pull us again going against the current.  The waves got bigger, and he made me hold on to Vanessa's feet while he pulls her.  I wasn't able to revolt because I knew that idea was ridiculous, but I had no other option so I grabbed her feet and held them tight.

I kept on apologizing to Vanessa because I think she was hurting, so she just grabbed my hands instead.  Why didn't he thought about that??  I was scared for my life!  Apparently, he had to take 2 persons at a time because the water's getting more difficult, it was raining harder.  Thankfully we all reached the boat safely, and went back to our cottages in Hadefe and thought about life.

The following are the rest of the underwater shots taken by Vicente, courtesy of Vanessa.

snorkeling at El Nido

snorkeling at El Nido

snorkeling at El Nido

snorkeling at El Nido

snorkeling at El Nido

_____________________

Travel Tuesday