There's always a first in your life, and it's often unforgettable.  It has a special space in your heart, and sharing it with some people you love makes it more special.  I will never forget the first time I traveled with my friends. (corny? whateverr)

It was my first treat to myself, and it's what I love the most when I started working.  At school, you have very limited fun to do and you cannot blow things off, or that'd be your end.  My Aunt sent me to college (my brothers and I), so I cannot just have fun like how everybody else did.. that's why I am really glad that I was able to get a job that could somehow sustain my needs and still could support my family.  I'm not wholly the breadwinner, but we're helping each other.

So my first travel experience, which was really special was in Anawangin, that's in Zambales.

Anawangin Cove, Zambales


Look at that pretty.  The ultra fine white sand was sandwiched by the sea and the lake behind it.  I'm really glad that our tour guides brought us to that bloody hill (hihi bloody hill).. well climbing it was pretty hard, and the heat of the sun made it more difficult.  The hill was steep and you can only hold on the grasses, but sometimes you cannot trust those grasses because they're also slippery, and they're red.. red grasses and stones are red, and our hands were red.

I was sort of hallucinating, I think, because I was dehydrated and very tired.  We were actually close to giving up, but we're not a group of losers, so we moved until we reached Bob Marley.. he's the finish line, you see?

Anawangin Cove, Zambales

Anawangin Cove, Zambales

There really is a huge prize waiting for those who don't give up.  But I just want to say that that photo and everything I shared here on this post which could be seen in my flickr set; Anawangin were all untouched.  But the rest of my photos on my other sets were magically touched by my dear friend, Photoshop.  But all I did was to upgrade the color, that's all.

And back to Anawangin.

And that was also the first time I slept in a tent.. ikr!

Anawangin Cove, Zambales

The only thing that sucked though was that we weren't able to put our feet on that pretty lake, no matter how green that is from above.  I've seen some photos of it all over the net, teasing me of what we've missed.  I think the tour guides brought the other groups to the lake while my friends and I were cooling ourselves.  They didn't even force us to get out of the water. fuckers.  But they were the coolest people.  I don't know I think I just need to say something good, but yeah I think they're pretty nice.  But there's also one thing I remember, we kinda got lost before going to Pundaquit beach (where we will ride a boat going to Anawangin).  It was quite fun actually, I almost asked them "is it your first time to go here?"

And when we got there, this one's the first photo I took.

Anawangin Cove, Zambales

I thought we're already there, because I didn't search where we're going.  Because my friend, who's the manager of the group asked me if I want to go with them, and I just said, "get me the hell out of here".  I meant, "the stress is killing me, I need to break freeeee". so there.. and my first adventure started.