Mount Pinatubo's crater lake

This is the crater lake which was the result of the second-largest volcanic eruption of the 20th century.
We were talking about this historic event during our trek, and I honestly can't remember the impact it had all over the country, and the rest of the world.  I was 6 then, and I'm supposed to be remembering something this huge.. but I really don't.  Some of my office mates who were about my age remembered the snow-like particles which covered their houses, and the trees, everything.  But I do remember watching the news; the lahar, and this photo which was captured by a great photographer named Alberto Garcia while he was running for his life.  It was again featured in Inquirer last March as one of the greatest photos of all time.

I'm glad to capture it at its best.  And let's hope that this beauty remains calm because it's still an active volcano (as per Wikipedia).  So visit now before it wakes up again.  This is much prettier in person, and that 2 hour trek is worth the pain.  :>