I was reminded again that taking other people's pictures is offensive in every angles, and that I might get into serious trouble if I continue doing that.  I appreciate the concern, I do, and I do take this advice very seriously, but I do this kind of photography very discreetly as well.  And when I was asked why I'm doing it, I replied "I don't know".  But what I do know is I enjoy doing it, I just don't know why.  Is that good reason enough?

And so here is my list of the most interesting shots I took in the streets of Singapore and Malaysia.  I could hardly call this my ultimate list though, I just need to create a title for U.

I've shared some of them before, like this shot of the biker girl, and the "celebrity chef" who posed beautifully in front of the Singapore Flyer, the lady in "tunnel of bloom", and that toasted under the sun Laneway Experience.

This girl who's pedaling hard to get away from her dad and join the love of her life is one of my most favorites and luckiest shots in my entire collection.  I took it in one of the streets in Singapore.

biker girl in Singapore


The guy who posed beautifully in front of the Singapore Flyer who I called the "celebrity chef" gave me a lot of traffic.  This also has been one of my most favorites.  And I do think he's been missing his family so much.  Look at that.

street photography Singapore

There's an underground pass in Singapore where skaters were forbidden to skate, of course, to avoid the worst thing that could happen.  We passed by them and I took a number of shots, hoping that I at least get one that I could share with you.. and of course, the joy of taking people's pictures, especially these are skaters.

I'm glad I was able to come out with a good quality at least.. with Photoshop's help, of course.  I do find this blurred shot interesting.

skater girl in Singapore

We stayed at one of the hotels in Little India for one night in our first trip in Singapore.  We explored the area for a bit; looking for a nice food that fits our budget and we end up in 7Eleven.  That's a story right there.

street photography Singapore

We love McDonalds, and we're glad we were able to find one in the City Centre.  If I'm going to compare their McDo to ours, here in the Philippines.. I would say, theirs is more affordable if you'd consider the servings.  They have bigger servings compared here.

street photography Kuala Lumpur

We were not able to climb the stairs going to the cave (the temple in the cave), because we were wearing inappropriate clothing.  They do have dress codes which must be followed at all times, and they too have monkeys which will follow you all the time, especially if they notice you have food.

street photography Kuala Lumpur

I did think that that guy in sunglasses chilling in Esplanade was Chito Miranda with his wife, Neri Naig.  But his band was in the US during those times, so I thought maybe he dropped by to chill. corny.

street photography Singapore black and white

I saw him outside a supermarket in Singapore, where he plays his harmonica beautifully, as beautifully as any other harmonica players you know.

street photography Singapore

The kid with the cutest shirt ever!

street photography Singapore

I do want to explore this China Town more because I do think there's a lot more to see and tons of food to grab.  We were not able to try their food and I do wish we could go back and have more time to know this place more.. without worrying about nearly missing flights or something.

street photography Kuala Lumpur

He was one of the chefs in this restaurant which had tons of customers lining up waiting for their chance to try their food and/or enjoy their food again.

street photography Genting Malaysia

Do you want to know what he's shooting?

street photography Singapore

I called this the "tunnel of bloom" and I'm still not sure if that lady was mad at me or was just surprised by my action.

street photography Singapore

And finally, my unforgettable Laneway Festival experience.

street photography Singapore